Teaching and acting have so much in common, more than some from both fields would like to admit.
Teachers and actors have one important instrument to use in their craft to send their messages to an audience: themselves. Paradoxically we have to train in order to keep being ourselves, to be true when we choose to perform in front of the others. Continuously training will keep ourselves fresh and spontaneous. And indeed every step of a performance is a matter of choice.
I don’t intend to tell you how to do your job but to share with you some relevant techniques actors use which may be very useful for you too.
(This workshop is useful to everyone who’s job requires to interact with other people in a performance like situation.)
1. As a participant, you will experience how an actor is achieving relaxation, self-awareness, spontaneity, space awareness and space control all necessary for a successful performance.
2. As a participant, you will discover some professional methods of using breathing and talking in acting which you may apply in your class performance. You’ll discover (or remember) how we use and misuse the body language in our daily life.
3. As a participant, you will train your abilities in storytelling, role-playing, object animation, character analyses which may help you to create teacher’s talk and a closer interaction and understanding of your pupils …
4. As a participant, you will have the opportunity to create and present a small teacher’s performance based on the learned techniques with the focus on how to deliver your message and information.
The workshop is structured in 4 parts of 3 hours each.
The workshop will take place with a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 12.
The aim will be achieved through group and individual activities and exercises based on techniques elaborated by masters of theatre training like Augusto Boal, Jerzy Grotowski, Michael Chekov and will finish with individual performances with personalised feedback. The activities will contain very short theory on the body, breathing and voice backed-up by movement, breathing and voice exercises in the group, with a partner and individually.
Dorina Harangus, actress, director and theatre trainer for adults and children.
CV here: https://dorinaharangus.blogspot.de/
A prerequisite for participation in this course is an open mind and interest in exploring your body language and your voice as well as the willingness to get involved in new experiences and challenges.
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
08.05.2019, 15.05.2019, 22.05.2019, 29.05.2019
between 18:00 and 21:00
Please notice that we can hold this workshop at your school on a further date if you meet the required conditions for the participants.
Promotional price per person for 12 hours of training: 120 euros
Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefon, SMS and What’s Up: 01522 2175659
Add your details here please:
Professional Tennis Training in English/German/Croatian/Russian/Dutch Language
7 minute walk from Ludwigsburg S-Bahn station
Special introuductory price for Expats on 25.05.19: €40
Normal price per 2 hour class €60
Price includes: 2 hour coaching, tennis balls, rackets etc
Bad weather: Indoor training
On these two Fridays (14th and 21st) you can try out different dance classes such as Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, meet new people and explore the world of dance together with us and the international dance school Dance with Benji in the heart of Stuttgart. The tryout classes are free, so all you have to do is register purchasing the free ticket on the website. Excited to see you there!
Add your details here please:
Ladies & Gentlemen – It’s time to Swing!
Free entry with a ticket (donations welcome)
Das swingige Abendprogramm:
– 7 till 7:30pm : Beginner Course from HappyFeet Stuttgart
– After 7:30pm: Live music from the Stuttgart Swing Dance DJ’s